Highly experienced and proficient Fashion Designers are currently required to work on the design of clothing and fashion ranges.
• creating/visualising an idea and producing a design by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD);
• keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes;
• planning and developing ranges;
• working with others in the design team, such as buyers and forecasters, to develop products to meet a brief;
• liaising closely with sales, buying and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure the item suits the customer, market and price points;
• understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns, toiles and technical specifications for designs;
• sourcing, selecting and buying fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments;
• adapting existing designs for mass production;
• developing a pattern that is cut and sewn into sample garments and supervising the creation of these, including fitting, detailing and adaptations;
• overseeing production;
• negotiating with customers and suppliers;
• managing marketing, finances and other business activities, if working on a self-employed basis.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENT:
• creativity, innovation and flair;
• an eye for colour and a feel for fabrics and materials;
• ability to generate ideas and concepts;
• design and visualisation skills, either by hand or through computer-aided design (CAD);
• technical skills, including pattern cutting;
• garment technology skills and knowledge;
• a proactive approach;
• commercial awareness and business orientation;
• self-promotion and confidence;
• interpersonal, communication and networking skills;
• ability to negotiate and to influence others;
• teamworking skills;
• good organisation and time management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of OND qualification in areas relating to fashion; textiles; knitwear; graphic design; clothing technology; fashion marketing and buying; art and design.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum of 5 years’ Experience.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
Qualified Applicants should apply using any of the following procedures.
1. Comment your CV or Resume to the comment box.
2. Send your CV and Cover Letter to sunrisesolutions247 @gmail.com
3. Send your name, contact number, qualifications and post applying for to the message box or the ADMIN’S Phone number displayed in this advert (07058003008).
4. Upload your CV directly and click apply.
You are allowed to call the Admin Officer at the number given 9AM - 6PM MON – SAT ONLY.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted